Together Mini Album Tutorial
This is a tutorial that was mostly made to show you the easy way to bind small cardstock pages to a self arranged mini 4 1/2*6 1/2'' mini album. So the instructions were mostly made to show you how to arrange the binding system with a couple of add- ons on other techniques. I didn't make the full step bu step tutorial for the over page arrangements as this was actually an issue for another tutorial. For this tutorial I used Bo Bunny oldie, but beloved Weekend Market collection and each and every patterned cardstock piece / cardstock sticker is from this collection.
So here we go!
1. Cut three thin chipboard pieces to two pieces of 4 1/2*6 1/2'' and cut the third piece to 1 1/4*6 1/2'' size.
Cut the patterned paper to the size shown to cover three cardstock pieces. Make the small gap between the chipboard pieces to allow the paper folding without tearing it. Cut the corners as shown.
2. Glue the outer cover and add an inner patterned paper cover and glue it as shown.
3. Cut another strip of chipboard to 1 1/4*6 1/2'' size and cover it around in the same way as was shown in step 1.
4. Roll natural twine around the covered piece from the previous step as shown. I made 6 strings for my mini album, but you can add one or two more. Each string will give us 4 album pages later (one folded cardstock and both sides.)So those six strings make 24 mini pages for the album.
Tie the knot and secure with 3d foam tape as shown.
5. Glue the binding system to the inside of your album.To add a page you just make 9*6 1/2'' piece of double sided cardstock, fold it into a hoaf and insert under one line of twine.With 6 folded pieces added we will have 12 double sided small pages.
6. From this step on I just made a couple of shots to show the major techniques used. The first one was making the outer cover matting and for this technique I used the Bo Bunny collection package (yes, I love to recycle), Rebecca Baer stencil, DecoArt Crackle paste and a lot of waiting time to let this matting dry. Actually after the trimming and embellishing the cover a very little piece of it is seen.
7. Those are the major (almost everything I used ) embellishments that I die cut for the album.
I used Die Versions brand just because I have them and they fit the vintage spirit of this album.
The doilies are from MFT. The black shapes were die cut twice. The back was die cut from white thin chipboard and the front from black cardstock. When glued one over another I tried to keep a very thin outline of white to be seen to add the dimension. Later each and every one of black pieces was covered with clear embossing ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder for the shiny look you can see on the cover.
The white chipboard pieces were later heat embossed with copper powder and some blue paint was added for the patina effect too.
The doilies, that were die cut from Bo Bunny patterned cardstock were just glued inside the album " as is".
8. And now for the finished album.
This is a cover with stencilled matting, huge chipboard that was heat embossed into this copper vintage look. Black chipboard made the scene of a couple in the nature (the album name is Together as you can see).
And now some of the inner pages . I am not going to show all spreads here, but some of them. Some of the pages are three folds, most of them are just a piece of folded cardstock inserted into the twine on the back.
For this front page I use Bo Bunny Dimensional stickers from Timepiece collection.
As you can see each page has the die cut ticket shape matting that can be just left to be seen or can be used as small trimmed photo matting later. Most of the sayings are just cardstock cuts from Weekend Market Bo Bunny collection.
This is another page that was embellished with heat embossed die cut.
For some inner pages I used Weekend Market stickers; here and there I added photo corners for the future photos.
And a few more pages to see.
I hope you like my small tutorial and my mini album.
Product list: I didn't add the full name of each paper piece, die or product in this tutorial as it's just a sample tutorial.
Bo Bunny Weekend Market collection
Bo Bunny Timepiece Dimensional stickers
Dies- Die Versions, My Favorite Things
Chipboards, wood - Creative Embellishments
Stencil- Rebecca Baer
Texture paste- DecoArt
Embossing powders- WOW! Embossing Powders
Flowers, bling- Prima
Metal, twine- craft shop
And I enter this to some web challenges:
Anything goes for Things to alter
Anything goes for Clique kits
Creative Artiste- Anything goes
Things to alter- Anything goes