This project is made with Rebecca Baer stencils and Canvas Corps products mostly (all brands); some medium I used are from DecoArt and I just added a few embellishments.
So here is a finished project:
And now for all steps to make this beauty:
1. Fold a piece of CC black and white cardstock to the measurments shown.
2. Cut a piece of backside Mixed Media Origins- Hoot cardstock as shown and fold to fit the basic cardstock.
3. Paint the Hoot cardstock with the mix of Tattered Angels High Impact and Glimmer Glam paints to get the similar color as shown.
4. Use Rebecca Baer Mosaic stencil with DecoArt Crackle paste and add the paste over stencil over painted cardstock.
5. Mist the dry crackle paste with a mix of Tattered Angels Coffee Shop and Sugar Maple Glimmer Mists.
Let it dry.
6.While the cover is drying make the central piece from CC Black chipboard (folding it on 3'' and 6'' as shown). Make the same folds on 12''*6'' piece of Mixed Media Origins Wings cardstock. Cut 12 calendar pieces from Heirloom Collection: Calendar Months.
7.Glue the black tri- fold inside the cover as shown.
Cut two pieces from Spring Showers: Spring Flowers Reverse on Ivory cardstock that will cover the top and the the bottom of the inside. Color both pieces with different Tattered Angels paints/ mists and add White Chalk mist over the painted cardstock. Colors used for those flowers are Glimmer mist Dragonfly,Glimmer mist Black cherry,Glimmer mist Blarney and Glimmer mist Fully Purple.
8. Add Hot pink and Aqua High Impact paints over the dry misted cover.
9. And now to the finished project with a bit of explanation about the coloring inside the holder.
This is a full opened holder.
The Wings cardstock was misted with the same Tattered Angels mists used for coloring; then folded to make a pocket and 12 calendar pieces were connected with painted cloth pin and added inside the pocket.
Four black photo corners were added on the bottom part to keep the Gift Card inside.
The small Velcro circle was added on the top flap and then to the bottom outside for the closure.
10.This is a partly closed holder. The side flaps are closed and I used Rebecca Baer Enchanted Vine stencil with DecoArt Modeling paste on both flaps. When flaps were dry I painted them with the same Aqua, Olive and Hot pink paints.
Two Kraft tags from Tags- The Watering Can were also painted and added over the flaps with a string of green burlap fabric.
And the close - up to the inner parts and tags:
11. The closed holder was embellished with a couple of metal pieces and a few pearls. The metal pieces were painted with TA Rustic Glimmer Glam.
I enter this piece to some web challenges:
Anything goes- Creative Artiste
SSSS- Flora and Fauna (flora yes and a lot)