Tuesday 3 May 2016

Prima 2016-2017 Design team call


Call header
Hello my dear crafty friends and welcome to my  new " cross my fingers" post.
I made this post for Prima Markerting Design team call and let's say that I am sure the  world is full of better than me designers. But then this girl can dream, can't she? So Prima was my one and only dream and as much as I wanted to make this team, I tried twice (like last time was three years ago) and never did it. In between I did a lot of other design teams for good manufacturers, but no one was Prima.
 I didn't want to try this year, but then, maybe two ro three days ago I decided to cross the line of fear and to add a bit of courage to my crafty  life. So let it be- this is my Prima  submission post and maybe, just maybe, they will like some of my fields of crafting. And maybe, just maybe, I will do at least a Guest design spot. Anyway, I love Prima products, I work with their products and I even had a few new and never seen projects to show in this post.
So fingers crossed tight and here I go!
The first few projects are from all fields and they are all new and never seen. I will do the special posts later, but for now it's just a show time of Prima lovely goodies in my crafts.
The first is a shabby card, totally not my style that went to clean and simple/Mixed Media/ less is  more stamped cards. But look at this Prima beauty! So many layers of joy and happiness in one card!


The second new project is from Mixed Media section/Altered art and this is a chipboard printers tray made with lots of Prima goodies inside and onj the cover.This project is in a totally different style- Vintage and dark and full trinkets inside. Some trinkets are Prima's. Some are my own polymer clay molding and casting. The full post will be done in a few days, but for now here is my new beauty!





And a new vintage tag made with Prima different goodies and a lot!!  of dies


A new layout in Mixed Media almost monochromatic style


And the last project that was not yet seen- made for May Prima PPP- Altered hoop.
I made the background with Prima die cuts made from  vellum and arranged over sticky vellum to make the thin, one layer background.I will do a full tutorial later in my blog.





And now for the older projects and as I am  a very versatile artist you can see that I apply for the first three  team options.  Just to add, I do make art journalling, but Bible  is not my kind of art and video even less.

#1- Layouts, cards, tags

 All of my layouts are made in a Mixed Media style, also I can scrap in a regular " no mists, no paints" flat kind of scrapping. But working with Prima Mixed Media line makes is desirable to work in Mixed Media style mostly.







And just one card in a totally different style from the one new shown on the top.




#2 Home decor DIY PROJECTS

This Home decor section is the one there I feel " at home".
I love to make wall art of any kind: printers trays, central pieces, canvases and everything in between.
The first one is the wooden printer's tray I made for my son's young family.


This piece is an altered /recyled old wooden frame and I made it with  my own Recipe for Happiness, which is Spoon of love and a few drops of grace and merci. I hope you agree to this recipe. 

This is an altered central piece for Fall occasion and Most of the flowers are Primas. Yes, some are my own die cut ones too. 

#3 Mixed Media, Altered projects, Jewelry

This is a section where I can find even more project to show, buy I picked just a few that I think represent my style in Mixed Media art.
The frist two are altered canvases.



This is a self arranged 3d piece of art that was already print published. The owl and the wings are my own resin casting. Prima is Prima as you can see!


This is the art journal page that was made with Prima mediums and paints and Prima alphabet. The stamps and stencils are from other companies and I made it as a tribute the the woman power. Just see the saying and  move your eye over the images to see how is goes from crying to being as strong as  we can.

This project is an altered self made mini album and it's all full of Prima goodies in this so usual for us Vintage style.



And last, but not least- some jewelry making.
Long time ago, before I became a paper addict, I used to make jewelry and to work with polymer clay. 
I don't do much of jewelry now, also I design for a polymer clay company and work with clay.
But when you buy Prima trinkets, tiles and even paper flowers it is just impossible not to incorporate them in some unique hand made jewelry and here are a few pieces I made .
The first one is a bag chain. You can see Prima tiles over silver metal pendants together with other Prima pendants and one single trinket made with metal old Prima flower.


The second one is a simple hand made necklace w with two Prima trinkets added " as is". This is a piece I wear and cherish and Love!



OK- maybe, just maybe I am going to add something new I think to make  and I still have a couple of days till this call is over. Anyway- it was a  pleasure to pick my favorite Prima projects for this post. 












1 comment:

Miranda Edney said...

Best of luck IRit! You are very very talenteD! love all your works!

Popular Posts