Monday 2 May 2016

Making cards with inchies and twinchies: Ann Butler


Hello my dear crafty friends and welcome to my small tutorial made for Ann Butler's blog.
Ann Butler Faux Quilting Unity stamps are just perfect for this technique as they are 2'' and 1'' size.
 So when we stamp one Twinchie (2'' square) and one Inchie (1'' square) and layer the small one over the large one we get an instant embellishment nthat can be a foacl point of pretty clean and simple, but yet fancy card.
So this is the technique taht you can do with Ann's stamps and as you see I made not one card, but whole 4 for this post.
I don't  have a lot of steps for this tutorial,  but just  a few.
1. Stamp one 2'' stamp  over copper cardstock with black pigmented ink (Crafter's Clearsnap) and heat emboss it with Clearsnap Clear embossing powder. Stamp 1'' Ann's stamp over the same cardstock with Gold pigmented ink (Clearsnap) and heat emboss it with the same clear powder.


2. Cut both stamped squares and layer the small over the large in every possible way. As you see from my finished cards I layered in the middle, on corners and even diagonally.
3. Die cut small sentiment that fits 2'' square or use stickers. I hade 4 nice sentiments from three different die cut companies and used them all (Sizzix, Cherry Lynn and Die Versions. Add some sequins over the squares.
4. Make 4 cards using DCWV Copper stack and glue the stamped piece over the card.
5. Stamp the sentiments or use the cardstock one (as I did with I love you card).
And here are my cards:
Card #1






Card #2






Card #3





Card #4









No comments:

Popular Posts