Hello my dear crafty friends and welcome to my February ARTplorations tutorial.
This time I decided to alter a wooden door hanger from the craft shop; the one you buy for a few cents and with some paint, stencils, die cut and a lot of imagination you can alter it to a fairytale art piece.
My inspiration for this piece was this old and well known kids tale about the Frog Prince and about being beautiful from inside and not just from outside.
So this is my small tutorial :
1. Paint the wooden door hanger with green paint and let it dry for a couple of minutes.
2. Add texture with Texture paste and Artplorations Retro Circles stencil. This time don't let it dry.
3. Add a mix of micro beads into the wet texture paste. And now let it dry. How obvious is this?
4. In the mean time make a frog die cut using Die Versions die . I made it from green textured cardstock, but the color was too mute. So I just painted over the die cut with a mix of Iridescents paints and with a bit of the same green paint that I used over the wood piece.
This is how it looks now. Much more interesting.
5. Arrange the die cut over the stencilled hanger and glue it with Gel Medium.
Add a bit of highlights with blue paint over the circles and embellish with a couple of sequins.
Stamp the sentiment using STAMPlorations Fond Expressions 2 stamp set. I stamped with green pigmented ink and heat embossed with clear powder.
Arrange the sentiment and add a couple of ribbons on the top.
Look how perfect is this sentiment for the theme of this piece? Even if it is a frog, for you it's a prince and he is totally perfect just the way he is.
Now you can give this door hanger to your own Frog Prince.
I enter this to Recycle challenge for SSSS