Hello my dear crafty friends! Irit is here with my very first project in 2016. January is a perfect moth to make projects for Valentines. Yes, Valentines is in February, but then you need time, so here is a small clay projects that is easy to make and fancy to give.As young kids we all believed in this fairy tales love stories. So I connected hearts with a fairy image and made my own Love figurine.
Say " Hello" to my Fairy heart figurine.
Step by step tutorial:
1. Use a full 120 gr. package of Red Makin's Clay.Roll it with Makin's roller tool from Roller and Cutter set to the 1/4'' sheet of clay. Cut the flat clay sheet to a few pieces to fit your cutters using the cutter from Makin's Professional Clay Tools set. Pick you Makin's Heart shaped cutters and find some bigger heart shaped cutters in your stash. The simple ones from the baking shop will do the job (also I never used them for baking ). Cut the largest heart, the second size heart and the 2 smaller using Makin's cutters.Use
3. Cover each one of 4 large hearts with any kind of a glaze you have. I used the one on the photo, but it;s just because I own it. Adhere the hearts as shown - you can use glaze to do it, but glue is much better. Let it dry for 24 hours to be sure the clay is totally set and dry.
4. In the meantime cut 6 small hearts with the smallest Makin's Clay Heart shaped cutter. Arrange all 6 hearts and shown and cover them with glaze.
5. Cut the smallest hand with Makin's Hand cutter and Paisley shaped cutter. I made each hand with 2 clay cuts adhered one over another. The drops made my feet shapes, again I glued two cuts one over another. Cover them with glaze.
6. And now to the finished project. I made the base of my figurine from the flower shaped hearts.
Glue " feet" over the base. Glued hands over the hearts' shape. Then I made a fairy using Makin's White clay and some craft store mold; covered it with glaze and a layer of Fairy dust glitter (not seen much on the photo, sorry about it).
And a bigger photo of the finished project:
I hope you liked my Valentine's project and see you next month with another one. Hint- it's all about being Lucky.