Hello my dear crafty friends and welcome to my new Mixed Media tutorial for ARTplorations.
As Mixed Media tutorial are mostly about the techniques, the best way to show those techniques is to make a tag.
Tags are not just to use over the gift bags, but they are prefect to show MM techniques and artistic ways to add colors and textures to your projects.
So here is my new tutorial STEP BY STEP:
1. Glue a very antique piece of a book page to the big tag with Gel Medium. I used ESF one, but any medium is good for this step.
3. Use ARTplorations Fearless Large stencil and make the flower over the tag with the same Gel Medium from ESF .
4. Cover the wet flower image with a thick layer of blue glitter. And now dry it with your heat gun.
5. Now paint over the dry image and over the whole tag with Gel Medium based paints. I used ESF Iridescents by Ann Butler as I have them. But any kind of shiny semi transparent paint will work here.
6. As a next step I added some grids with white Chalk it Up ESF paint over the ARTplorations Gridlocked stencil.
I also painted Makin's Clay hand made molded piece with Copper paint and glued them over the tag.
6. Now I added Discover stamped word using STAMPlorations Bold sentiments- Discover stamp over the tissue paper with black permanent ink. My tag is very textured, so the only way to stamp over it is to stamp on tissue and to glue it over the tag with all texture under the stamped image.
I added some blue glass beads here and there and made this stickers sentiment under the stamped word.
The whole tag was distressed around too.
As the main embellishments I added 4 pieces of Makin's Clay birds and Bird house. Those were made with Makin's Clay Terra Cotta and Brown clay and using Polish molds and then, when dried, I covered them with Gek Medium and glitter with a twist of gold paint.