Sunday 12 July 2015

Sea you art deco with Makin's Clay and ESF Ann Butler's paints

Hello my dear crafty friends and welcome to my new post. 
Today I made a truly Mixed Media piece: I mixed a real sea shell with clay shells with paints, mediums and even added some stickers. Don't you think that this is the mix of the mixes? So here  are a few steps  to make this easy and lovely summer project.
1. Make a mix of  white Makin's clay with a bit of black acrylic paint. Just a small drop, unless you want it to be not a light grey, but a very black one.  Then use your Makin's Clay Summer Fun push molds to make all possible shapes and let it dry. 
2. Cover the dry pieces with a thin layer of Earth Safe Finishes Decoupage medium and now... No, don't let it dry.


3. Cover the wet pieces with a think layer of Ann Butler's Earth Safe Finishes Iridescents Lipstick paint and now let it dry.


4. Cover the middle of your  clay pieces with a think layer of ESF Ann Butler's  Iridescent Bronze powder and add another layer of decoupage medium to make the fixation as those pigments are not permanent.
Arrange the piece inside the real big sea shell and add some ETI resin around as a clear glue. Sprinkle a bit of teal blue micro beads and add the sticker's sentiment.
I didn't find a letter " o" , so I just made it out of a pearl. Then add some more pearls over the piece and enjoy your creation.





1 comment:

The Colour Press said...

I'm glad I took a peek at ur other pages Irit. Love you style. New follower of your blog.

Popular Posts