Wednesday 22 July 2015

Never stop art deco with VLVS

 Hello my dear crafty friends and welcome to my very first post on VLVS team.
This is an inspirational post and not a tutorial, so I am just going to share my thoughts, tips and the way I worked on this art journal page.
Lot of people ask me about the way I get my inspiration. Usually I begin with products I own. Like if I need to make a project for a stamp company, I try to figure what stamps I have and how I can combine them into a finished art piece.
As I already own quite a lot of VLVS stamps (about a hundred, I think) it was not so easy to group them into  some themes and to see what stamps are going to be used for the first project.
So I grouped the circles first as they were pretty large.
The huge Clock face,Coffee ring  stain, Solid color wheel and  another circles were the first. Then I  began to look for something that is connected to circles and to time and the result was this song line that says" Going in circles like a faceless clock with a timeless hope that never stop".
Perfecto! Now I looked for an image of someone who  was standing, walking scrolling etc. The only one I found in my stash was this Businessman Silhouette , but it was the best of the best. I stamped him on the corner as this was my whole page anchor and added Brick background around him. All stamping process over this page done with pigmented inks and clear embossing powder and all inks I used are Clearsnap Crafter's inks as those are very wet and perfect for heat embossing inks.
Now I started the process that was to stamp all images with different colored inks and to make the circled
background and to arrange the circles to the way that will make my stickers sentiment placement possible.
On the way I added more circled  VLVS  images around as  you can see on the full product list below.



The whole piece was misted, inked and painted with a wide mix of Gelatos, mists and acrylic paints and I even added some spots of gel medium around before (those are bare, non colored spots).


I arranged the sentiment around the circles and added this huge NEVER STOP central title with vinyl stickers.
Then I just added a couple of metal clock pieces and some glitter over the glue.



VLVS stamps used to make this project:
Solid color wheel-Item 19339 Plate 1435
Thick to thin round-Item 900 Plate 272
Coffee ring stain-Item 19230 Plate 926
Color wheel lines-Item 19338 Plate 1435
Hand holding circle- Item 15977 Plate 1271
Charred wood background- Item 16387 Plate 1301
Bussinessman silhouette-Item 19418 Plate 1440



I hope I inspired  you a bit with my way of making art journal pieces and you are welcome to try this way of  creating art.

My new design adventure

I enter this piece to a couple of web challenges too:
 Artastic- colors, walking man, blrick road as my inspiration
SSSS- I scream for...letter I- as for inks,inspiration from a song line and inner artist in me...
שעון- לבלוג ישראלי SCRAPPY HANDS
To PaperArtsy  Clocks challenge too
 Craft Stamper- anything stamped

9 comments:

Irish Cherokee said...

Excellent art journal page Irit. I am always fascinated with your creativity.

Hugs and Blessings
Jim

Sandra said...

What a gorgeous page! Love the layers and the lots of different colors! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Lizzy Hill said...

Loved reading how you went about creating this page....it looks stunning. Loving the circle elements - & that silhouetted man. Thanks so much for sharing with us at ARTastic this month:):)

Unknown said...

Sucg a lovely art journal page Irit. Thank you for sharing it with us at ARTastic.

Jane said...

Beautiful work Irit - thank you for joining in with us at ARTastic.

Jo said...

I can appreciate how much work has gone into this lovely piece of art. The colours are wonderful as is your design. Thanks for joining in at ARTastic :)

Tone-Lill said...

Awesome and stunning AJ page with lovely bright colours . Thank you for playing with our challenge at ARTastic:)

Dolly B said...

Wow love this and enjoyed reading your process. Thank you for joining in at ARTastic and hope you share your beautiful work with us again
Mary

Deb said...

This is such a fabulous page. Thank you for sharing it with us at ARTastic.

Popular Posts