Saturday 4 April 2015

Alter your top with Ann Butler's Faux Quilting stamps



 Hello my dear friends and welcome to my Fabric post made for Ann Butler's Designs 

This month of April we all were asked to craft with fabric and what's more fabric than to alter this $2 black plain top I bought a year ago and never took out of the package?
So this is what I did with this outfit and Ann Butler's most gorgeous products:
1. I picked sticky back canvas and a set of Spellbinders flower shapes and first I die cut 5 different flowers from the  white canvas.
2. Then I stamped over the die cut canvas pieces with a several Ann Butler's  new stamps from Clearsnap using her own Crafter's Clearsnap inks.
The big foam stamps are just perfect to stamp over big die cut shapes  without repetition.
3. I heated the stamped images as it's going to be a wearable piece and we need those colors to stay forever. Then I inked over the stamped images with another ink colors and re- heated it again. You can use the iron; I was lazy and used my heat gun that was on my craft table. Finally it's just the same result: the colors are stable and the outfit is washable.
4. Now I glued the flowers to my top. Actually those are self adhesive canvas pieces. But as I already knew this is maybe good for a paper embellishments, but not sufficient for a wearable top. So I just glued them with Beacon Fabri-Tac Permanent adhesive and now I am sure I can wash this piece and to wear it more than once.
5. As the last touch I added a couple of rhinestone swirls and again,  self adhesive or not, I added a bit of Fabri- Tac glue.
I think that it's a nice top made with your craft supplies and this can be even done with kids/teens/girl scouts. You sure can die cut another shapes, use more of Ann Butler's inks or stamps and to add as much embellishments as you wish.





Products used:
Ann Butler's Crafter's ink from Clearsnap: Berry, Sunshine, Limelight, Tangelo
Ann Butler's background  Basics stamps from Clearsnap
Bling- Flourish with a Bling
Dies- Spellbinders
Canvas- Ranger

No comments:

Popular Posts