Tuesday 29 July 2014

Winter blessings in July

Hello my dear crafty friends!
Irit is here again and as I finally got my gorgeous delicious new release dies, I can even make my posts in time.
 Die - Versions is celebrating Christmas in July and those  are my share of those new fantastic dies.
So here are those beauties on my two new winter cards.
As I don't celebrate Xmas, I just made winter cards for all occasions and it works just perfect with those great Die- Versions dies and some perfect Inspired by Stamping Holiday stamps.
The first card was made with a couple of background layers: the white is dry embossed and the upper blue is stamped and misted over the heat embossed background.

Then I made 3 cuts of this gorgeous Whispers Delicate present die with black, dark blue and white cardstocks and made a single shape with old and forgotten brads. It's very easy to connect all three cuts with brads without making and holes with this die cut shape.

Then I added a single dark blue die cut using the new delicate Scrolly Bow die and embellished the top of the present die with a fancy bow. A stamped small tag was added on the bottom together with a couple of 3d stickers and this card was done. Both tag and sentiment stamps are from  Inspired by Stamping winter set from last year and it's timeless!  Lots of techniques, but very easy to make card after all.
My second card for today is a winter card again and this time I used a new released most adorable Whispers Winter Cottage die and made a cut from glittered dotted cardstock. The empty holes in the cut shape were covered with glitter  glue for the snow effect.

The snowflakes background is dry and heat embossed all together and the sentiment was made with a couple of stickers from Paper House Productions. The last touch are those fancy pearl swirls and my winter card is done.

I hope you like my Winter in July share and see you soon again!


1 comment:

Irish Cherokee said...

Both cards are beautifully done Irit. Love the simplicity of the first card and The colors are some of my favorites.
The second card is what winter makes winter special, snow, mittens and hot cocoa with marshmallows. Great job.

Jim

Popular Posts