Saturday 12 July 2014

Oak House Studio One stamp event

Hello my dear crafty friends!
Today I want to share  something totally different from my usual design work: 3 cards made for an event I was invited to take a part.
Oak  House Studio is an UK based stamp company and  sometimes they have this One stamp event. Everyone is invited to get a same stamp and to show the different ways of using this stamp.
I was sent this lovely heart shaped Walesby Heart small   stamp and to take part it this event.
My first thought was to make 3d embellishments such as flowers or  butterflies using the hear shape. But due the  late shipping and the massive rockets  attack in our country I just had time to make a card.
But then I decided to make a few of them and to show you how the very same stamp can be used in 3 different styles.
The first card was made with my usual resist emboss and watercolor love: the stamp was stamped with white ink, heat embossed with white powder and painted with a mix of rainbow Gelatos.The central piece is a same stamp , stamped over vellum three times and made to this 3d heart embellishment.






 After cutting the piece to a card shape I had a leftover piece and had a blast: make another card and this time make it clean and simple one layer card. This is how the second card was born.



But then I still had some spare, between attacks and running to the shelter room, time and made another card and this time  in black and white elegant style with one single heart stamped and heat embossed in gold.




As you can see this lovely stamp works great in all possible style (sorry I don't have time to make it in shabby/vintage or dark industrial style, but it's sure possible). And who knows- as the event is for 2 whole days I maybe can do something more with the same stamp.
You are invited to see what we created for the event and even to take part in the next event with a different stamp.
 I enter those firswt 2 projects to Craft stamper emboss resist challenge

4 comments:

Lisapmac said...

Beautiful cards, stay safe x

Lindy-Loo crafts said...

They're all beautiful.
I have to say the rainbow one is my favourite, I love the contrast of the bright colours with the delicacy of the white embossed vellum heart x

Irish Cherokee said...

The first card is a vibrant and almost a young lively love note. Beautiful.
The second is more playful and simple. Love the color usage here.
The third is definitely sophisticated and refined. Beautiful
Quite a contrast and all excellent.

Enjoy your weekend
Jim

gillnstu said...

beautiful cards, my bits and bobs are on my blog - www.jaksandgills.blogspot.co.uk, the walesby heart is a lovely design to work with, hope things are a bit quieter for you at the moment xxx

Popular Posts