Wednesday 18 June 2014

Pin cushions made easy with Faux quilting stamps by Ann Butler

Hello my dear crafty friends and welcome to my new post with something new for me too:
 pins cushions.
The base of this cute project were those Maya Road canvas die cuts and they come double sided and stitched from all sides.
 I got them in some grab box and for a few years never used any. And then I thought that if I cut the bottom and add some inside butting, it can be a very lovely and useful piece. 


So first I cut the bottom and  added a small package of SoftSoft HighLoft Thermally Bonded Polyester Batting from Warm Company  and glued it with  Beacon Fabri- Tac permanent adhesive. Then I  colored the whole canvas shape, both sides, with Ann Butler's Craft Inks from Clearsnap, using Aquamarine, Berry and Limelight inks.
Then I decided to add some embellishments and the only canvas shapes I had were those LYB canvas stickers that come bare.



So I stamped over them with Ann Butler's Unity  Faux quilting stamps, using 2'' Leaves all over

1'' Diamond and Plaids 

and 1'' Doily Picnic stamps with the same inks and with Sunshine ink over one shape.


That was all! Easy, cute, fast made pin cushions were made and I really love the result. Hope you like it too!

Products used:
Ann Butler's Unity stamps: 
Other products:
SoftSoft HighLoft Thermally Bonded Polyester Batting- Warm Company
Beacon Fabri- Tac permanent adhesive
Maya Road canvas die cuts
LYB canvas stickers


1 comment:

Ann Butler said...

These are so adorable Irit!

Popular Posts