Saturday 5 April 2014

Imagine it's spring- and a small tutorial too

Sometimes I make a project and then add the tutorial. Sometimes I really begin with a tutorial. This Imagine Spring project was made as a tutorial and then I've seen that it fits a lot of web challenges.
 This is an oriental style  with non oriental colors wall deco made over a chipboard base and over a big envelope. I was short of  a good white cardstock, but had those huge envelopes and it works!


So here we go for this small and easy tutorial.
1. Stamp over the cardstock (or envelope) with clear embossing ink, add white embossing powder and heat emboss it.I used Wycinanka Cherry blossom stamps all over the piece.

2. Mist the embossed images with a mix of mists. I decided to pick Lindy's Stamp Gang April challenge colors as they were a good fit for my project. I used Blue Hawaian blue, Rambling rose pink, Edelweis moss green I have and some Yelow rose of Texas for the light gold as I don't have the gold they are asking for.
3. Paint the Chinese chipboard (Wycinanka) with some shiny paint (I used Inspired by Stamping). Begin with the brown one and then move to pinks and whites for the blossom.
4. Cut a piece of white chipboard (I just used Wycinanka packaging pieces) a bit larger than the envelope. Heat emboss the edges with  Midnight Copper LSG  powder for the contrast.
Glue the envelope over the chipboard and glue the chipboard shape over the top. Stamp the sentiment with the same copper heat embossing over the same white chipboard; mist around with the same mists and glue it over the deco piece. Add some pink pearls over the blossoms and  over the letter" i "on your sentiment.

And if you live in the cold country you just can imagine that this is Spring around.
 I enter this to Unique Laser designs Use chipboard/wood first challenge( I don't have their products yet, so it's for non ULD part of the challenge)
 Colors for Lindy's Stamp gang
Anything goes for Make the day special cards
Spring for Red Rubber Stamps
 Embossing and texture for Artistic stamper
 Anything goes for SSSS
 Spring flowers for Creative romance



8 comments:

Michelle said...

Beautiful! I love the color combo. Thanks or sharing your work with us this week for the Simon Says a Stamp Monday Challenge. Thanks for the great tutorial, too! ~Michelle

Jeffy said...

This is a beautiful card with a great tutorial.

Sparkly Engineer said...

This is a show stopper. I love the colors and the design is awesome

~ Kendra ~ said...

Beautiful Irit!! Love the colors you used, so pretty!! Great tutorial!

Kendra, Red Rubber Inspirationals Host Inspirational #114 Spring

Red Rubber Designs said...

This is beautiful! And I always love to see how things are done. Thanks for playing along with us at Red Rubber Inspirationals!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card !
Thanks for joining the Unique Laser Designs April Challenge (non-ULD).

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Love it! Thank you for joining in The Artistic Stamper Creative Challenge this month :)

Rachelle Olaridge said...

So beautiful. Love the colors and design. Thanks for playing along with us at Unique Laser Designs.

Popular Posts