Tuesday 28 May 2013

Sweet Stamps Challenge#119: Flowers

Hello my dear crafty friends and welcome to our last May Sweet Stamps challenge:
Flowers
I decided to make an altered wooden book shaped box as my project for this challenge.


Sure I have stamped flowers on this box, but it's totally flat as I want to use it and those bulky  lids are problematic for use.
So I covered the bare wood with Black gesso ( you don't want to see my fingers after this procedure... LOL) and let it dry for a few hours.
In the meantime I stamped Vertical  ROSES stamp over Kraft cardstock with French Roast Shades ink spot and inked the edges of this piece.


Then I stamped the same stamp again over white cardstock and painted just 3 roses over the second piece. I decided to use Faber Castell Pit Artist pens  in Reds, Greens  and Yellows  and I am really pleased with a result (no blending tools needed , just cover the darker color with lighter and then with even lighter one for the great look as this is India permanent ink  and can be added one layer over another).


The whole box was covered with a piece of Glitz paper layers with Rose over it and a few Kaisercraft die cuts. I glued the stamped piece and added FOR YOU  title made with foam letters.
Now it's your turn: play with our Flowers challenge and you can win great prize!
 I enter this project to Moxie Fab gift challenge

13 comments:

BEARKIS said...

Good work,very interesting card!!!

Stacey Adams, SweetStamps.com said...

Pretty box! I love the way you layered the colors on the roses and popped them up for dimension!

Denise said...

What a lovely project!! I just love altered stuff. Everything to this project is perfect!
Have a nice day!
Love from another Sweetie
Denise
xxx

Anonymous said...

Like you project. I really like how you colored the flowers.
Hugs,
Carolyn

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love your altered box- and that is one that is easily usable! The colors on the Roses- beautiful- love the image stamped under it in brown and the great details like the curled corner and the gems~

Sandy Fredrick said...

What an awesome project, I love the distressed/vintage look of the box and the double stamping of the Roses to give them a 3D look. Gorgeous.

Roxie said...

What a wonderful balance with the flowers and postal markings and I like those curled edges.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

This is beautiful! LOVE your coloring of the roses!

Jacqueline L. Challiss Hill said...

Wow this is gorgeous! I love every bit of it. So many pretty details.

Bonnie said...

So pretty! I love this idea and your flowers are gorgeous!!

Nazeema Calypso Thompson said...

Irit- beautiful altered box and great display of the vertical flowers too!! They really stand out against the black and vintage background.

Tamara Morton said...

Beautiful project love those sweet stamps flowers
Hugs
Tamara

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Irit! Thanks for linking this up to the Gift Packaging Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Popular Posts