Friday 8 June 2012

Vintage album cover

This project was on my craft table (actually under the table) for maybe 4 month. I just added tags and doilies and paints and then  peeled them away and added more and it was like a Merry Go Round. Today I finally decided that it will be finished. And so  it was.  I added a lot of chipboards, covered with a lot of embossing powders, a lot of ribbon hand made flowers and some pre- made ones, I shrinked   some flower ribbon with my heat gun, made a spine with a recycled twine and even used the Flourishes with a Bling Rak I got. So here it is: my Enjoy the Journey cover and totally empty inside. It will come. Later. Some day. Never. I think I am a cover collector. Does anyone need a great vintage mini album cover? 8*8 size and perfect for a Bind it All spirals?


And now for the product credits:
Cover: Zutter
Chipboards, Masks: Tando Creative (I just got this new DT box and I FLY!)
Ribbons: Prima, craft shops
Flowers: Prima, I am Roses (great shipping with low cost flowers, I got a huge box with free shipping  from Thailand and it only took 7 days)
Inks: Ranger
Embossing powders: Creative Imaginations Paints
Gesso, glaze, Molding paste: Ranger
Metal: Tim Holtz
Swirl: Flourishes with a Bling
Stamps: Inspired by stamping (sorry, not much seen after all)
And now for some close  ups from this cover: A flower cluster with ma bird cage, a key and 2 ribbon handmade flowers.
 Another close up - lamps
And another one : the bird on the corner
And just few more:


Hope you like this project, it was a long and a hard struggle  to make it -LOL.
I also enter this to some web challenges:
Vintage - for Panpastel UK 
Texture for Simon Says stamp and show 
Wings for Southern Girls

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow fabby work.Thanks for joining us at PanPastel UK.

Kerry DT Leader

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Really stunning, I love the die cut bird cages and the flowers are beautiful. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog.
Lindsay xx

Terry said...

You did a fabulous job on your Album Cover, thank you for sharing your project with the DT from Simon Says Stamp and Show, Hugs Terry xxxx

Kirsten said...

wow this is gorgeous. love all the chipboard and flowers. So much to look at. Great work. Thanks for playing along with us at Southern Girls <3 K

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Wow such gorgeous details Irit! A beautiful project. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Southern Girls Challenge this week! :)

Popular Posts